My initial goal was to have at the least one post a month, since January ended yesterday without a post February will have at least two. The timing of this is perfect actually since this is a lesson in procrastination (Brand New lyrics pun intended since part of my excuse to going to Austin, TX in October 2014 in addition to seeing my dear dear friend Carly [best graphic designer around you should check out her website and use her services if you need graphic designing] was to see brand new).
Side note, before getting into the details of Austin, TX and the things you can do in three days with a city bike and why you should spare a weekend and some change to visit, i wanted to discuss the amazingness that is Brand New... okay so may haps (GOT style maybe) they have a special place in my heart because they got there at an integral part of my teenage developmental years and shaped a lot of things for me but seriously everyone should check them out and even see them perform. You just have to listen to them, and they have transitioned a lot since the olden days and that is part of their magic. What i'm saying is that you should CHECK THEM OUT! and i'm super excited that i was able to purchase 4/15 tickets for the Shrine Auditorium show in Los Angeles and and and since i'm so excited to see them i wanted to start with the Austin, TX post so that i can gush about them a bit and remember that one weekend i spent with my blood of my blood (inside joke) whom i miss a bunch.
Things to do, places to go, the magic:
- BREAKFAST TACOS (this is capitalized for a specific reason... because BREAKFAST TACOS are IT)
- People that have not had breakfast tacos "is it like a breakfast burrito?" uhmmm no it's its own thing and you must have some. Go to: Torchy's Tacos.
- Hipster warm beverage in style. Austin has so many of these and of them are amazing. Go to: Vintage Heart, Easy Tiger, Thunderbird (<3 for t-bird).
- Other food... i also have to mention the Detroit style pizza... it's the place to go (this is coming from someone who is super picky about food a selectatarian and all about organic, raw unprocessed stuff, sometimes exceptions are made).
- Nightime fun there is soooooooo much nighttime fun (good ol' 80s dancing or live music) you can find it on 6th street. Must go to: Barbarella, White Horse, Cheer Up Charlie's.
- Daytime adventures... there are these city bikes that you can rent and ride around town for a minimal fee and see the beautiful blue skies, the murals all around town, parks and water ways, and what i refer to as "the uniform" (blue jeans and a long horn tee or dress).
I know these may not get into too much detail but you can always comment below and i can get you more information and even a recommended itinerary of how to do it all.
Until next time, much love.